How do I start a publishing company?
Self-Publishing Short: Creating Your Own Publishing Company
- Decide on a business name. Your business name will be the name of your publishing company.
- Decide on a business structure.
- Register your business.
- Open a checking account.
- Purchase ISBNs under your new business name.
- Keep track of the money.
- File your business taxes.
How do I start a magazine publication?
- Brainstorm concepts for your magazine. Before you start building your publishing empire, you need to create something.
- Define your content. It will take time, effort, and money to get people interested in reading your magazine.
- Reach out to people who can help.
- Get to know your competition.
- Create a business plan.